Olympus Australia is pleased to announce the new M.Zuiko Digital ED 150- 400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO, scheduled to go on sale January 2021. This high-resolution, super telephoto zoom lens is equipped with a built-in 1.25x teleconverter and covers a wide focal length of 300-1000mm equivalent1. It is compliant with the Micro Four Thirds System standard. High-performance 5-axis sync IS delivering the world’s strongest 8 shutter speed steps2 of compensation, enabling up to 1000mm equivalent1 handheld super telephoto shooting. When paired with the optional M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20, this lens is capable of up to an impressive 2000mm equivalent1 super telephoto shooting.
High-Resolution Zoom Lens Enabling 1000mm Equivalent1 Shooting
The optional M.Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter MC-14 and M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 are also supported. When paired with the MC-20, this lens is capable of up to an impressive 2000mm equivalent1 super telephoto shooting. This lens features a closest focusing distance of 1.3 m across the entire zoom range and close-up shooting performance with a maximum image magnification of 0.57x1, which increases to 0.71x1 when using the built-in teleconverter, for true telemacro shooting enjoyment.
Compact, Lightweight Design with Superb Weather-Resistant Performance
The lens barrel is designed using magnesium alloy and the lens hood uses a lightweight carbon fibre to ensure that the centre of gravity of the lens does not shift toward the end when the lens hood is used. Use of optimal materials in each area of the lens helps maintain strength and precision while achieving a compact, lightweight design with a length of 314.3 mm and weight of 1875gm5. Pairing this lens with the superb dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof performance of the Olympus OM-D E-M1X makes it possible to continue shooting in punishing environments such as rain and snow with peace of mind. Compared with the black coating on conventional lenses, the heat-resistant coating on this model efficiently reflects the infrared rays of sunlight, keeping temperatures inside the lens from rising, even in extreme hot weather, for stable optical performance. The front element of the lens features a fluorine coating to provide a smooth and scratch resistant surface and easier cleaning for better maintenance.
World’s Strongest 5-Axis Sync Is Up To 8 Shutter Speed steps2 of Compensation and Fast, High-Precision AF
This lens supports 5-axis sync IS, and at 300mm equivalent1 achieves the world's strongest 8 shutter speed steps2 of image stabilisation, and at 1000mm equivalent1 achieves up to 6 shutter speed steps6 of image stabilisation when using the built-in teleconverter. The powerful image stabilisation is also available, even in the super telephoto range, up to 2000mm equivalent1, when paired with the optional MC-20 Teleconverter. High image quality hand-held shooting is possible, making it perfect for motor sports and nature photography. Olympus original high-precision lens thinning technology makes the focusing lenses lightweight, enabling fast, high-precision focusing across the entire zoom range.
- Inner zoom system keeps the lens the same length when increasing zoom magnification
- Rubberised zoom/focusing ring for comfortable operation
- Preset focus function allows you to set and recall your favourite focal position
- Tripod base plate in a shape and size that is easy to carry around
- Strap eyelets are installed to improve transportability and reduced load on the lens mount
- Rubber lens end cover, designed to prevent scratches on the front lens
- Compatible with Focus Stacking7
Zuiko PRF-ZD95 PRO Protection Filter (sold separately)
This filter features ZERO Coating to suppress flares and ghosts from reflections and easy-to-clean, fluorine-coated, black-edged glass. It is a protection filter with a satin, glare-reducing black alumite aluminium frame.
LH-115 Lens Hood (bundled)
A lightweight carbon fibre lens hood with excellent durability. A flocked finish on the inside of the hood prevents internal reflection.
CSS-P121 Lens Strap (bundled)
A lens strap developed for exclusive use with a super-telephoto lens. It is made of mesh material to prevent sweating, has excellent cushioning, and an anti-slip texture.
LC-115 Lens Cap (bundled)
This cloth cover-style lens cap is easy to attach and remove for quick shooting.
LSC-1642 Lens Case (bundled)
This purse-string lens case features a three-layer construction that protects the lens and can be used to store the lens with lens hood, lens cap, protection filter, and teleconverter attached for safe storage and travel.
Available January 2021
RRP $11,999 AUD / $13,499 NZD
1. 35mm equivalent
2. According to CIPA standards. When attached to OM-D E-M1X, with yaw and pitch applied to camera, half-press IS: Off, and focal length set to 150mm (35mm equivalent f=300mm), As of November 17, 2020
3. Extra-low Dispersion Aspherical lens
4. Super Extra-low Dispersion lens
5. Excluding lens cap, lens rear cap, and lens hood
6. According to CIPA standards. When attached to OM-D E-M1X, with yaw and pitch applied to camera, half-press IS: Off, and focal length set to 500mm when using the built-in teleconverter 1.25x (35mm equivalent f=1000mm)
7. Please see the Olympus website for compatible cameras